To make it, you need:
- 1/2cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3cup margarine or butter
- 1/2cup maple-flavored syrup
- 1 1/2cups Bisquick® Original baking mix
- 1/4cup packed brown sugar
- 1cup milk
- Maple-flavored syrup, if desired
- Steps copied straight from Betty Crocker:
- Heat oven to 350º. Heat 1/2 cup brown sugar, the margarine and syrup in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Pour into ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Beat remaining ingredients in medium bowl, using wire whisk or fork, until blended.
- Carefully pour over syrup mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until top springs back when touched in center.
- Cut into 3-inch squares; turn each square upside down onto plate.
- Serve immediately, with maple-flavored syrup.
Served with drizzled maple syrup, muffin tin eggs, and sausage links.